Jinan Pengbo Biotechnology Co., Ltd. is the reliable pyruvic acid supplier manufacturer and exporter in China. We may offer you the pyruvic acid (assay:>98%) for medicine.
- Product Name: Pyruvic Acid
- Synonyms Name: 2-oxopropanoic acid; α-ketopropionicacid; acetylformic acid; pyroracemic acid
- CAS NO.:127-17-3
- Molecular Formula: C3H4O3
- Molecular Weight: 88.06
Pyruvic acid is a natural substance made in the body that contributes to metabolism and carbohydrate digestion. Pyruvate (as pyruvate dehyrogenase) is required to start the Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle (TCA cycle), a process by which the body produces energy from chemical reactions. Natural sources of pyruvate include apples, cheese, dark beer and red wine.
- Assay 98.0%
- Specific gravity 1.267-1.275
- Heavy Metals 10ppm max
Pyruvic Acid Usage
- Pyruvic acid is involved in biochemical synthesis and metabolic processes of carbohydrates, lipids, and amino acids in the body.
- Pyruvic acid is highly reactive and also functions as an important intermediate in fine chemicals such as substrate for the synthesis of pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemicals, etc.
- Sodium pyruvate can also be used for infusions as glycolysis is bypassed when used to provide energy to cells.
- Pyruvate is commonly used for weight loss, cholesterol, cataracts, cancer and athletic performance.
- TOPICAL: For aging skin, a 50% pyruvic acid peel applied once weekly for 4 weeks has been used.
Package and Storage
25kg/bucket. Store in shady, cool and dry place, sealed. The validity is 2 years