Jinan Pengbo Biotechnology Co., Ltd. is the reliable urea supplier manufacturer and exporter in China. We may offer you the urea crystal Pharma Grade (assay:≥ 99%) and Cosmetic Grade (assay: 99%) for medicine and cosmetic.
- INCI Name: Urea
- Chemical Name: Carbamide
- CAS Number:57-13-6
- Molecular Formula: CH4N2O
- Molecular Weight: 60.06
- Appearance: fine crystalline powder
- Odor: almost odorless
- Melting Point: 132-135℃
- Bulk Density: 0.7-0.85g/mL
- Pharmacopoeia: USP
- Assay: min 99%
- pH(10% solution ):6.0-8.0
- Loss on dry:max 1.0%
- Residue on ignition: max 0.1%
*Only selected data is represented here, for a full set of specifications we refer to our Specifications sheet.
Urea is an important part of your skin’s natural moisturizing system.It is found in the skin’s tissues and makes up to around 7% of our natural moisturizing factor, is to maintain a healthy moisture balance, keeping our skin soft and supple.
It is on the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines, the most important medications needed in a basichealth system.It can be used in many medical products, like: ear wax softeners, diuretics, fertility drugs, estrogen supplements and wound or burn ointments.
Urea also can be used in cosmetics, skincare and personal care products, such as: moisturizer, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste, hand cream and foundation.
- Very good promotes healing
- A natural exfoliant
- Improves penetration of other ingredients
- Good holds and retains moisture
Easily soluble in hot water,soluble in cold water,partially soluble in methanol,diethyl ether. Insoluble in n-octanol.
- Water 25℃ 116.8g/100g
- Methanol 25℃ 15.6g/100ml
- Ethanol 25℃ 5g/100ml
Urea Safety and Stability
Urea can be irritating to skin, eyes, and the respiratory tract. Please according to the prescription and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
The product is stable under normal conditions of storage, handling and use.It can degraded in the condition of alkaline or high temperature.
- Listed on USP/CP/EuP/BP/JP/IP.
- Complies with European, United States, Canada, Australia/New Zealand, Korea, China, Japan, Brazil and Taiwan cosmetic regulations for use in general cosmetics
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) includes Urea on its list of direct food additives affirmed as Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS). The safety of Urea has been assessed by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR)Expert Panel. The CIR Expert Panel evaluated the scientific data and concluded that Urea was safe as used in cosmetics and personal care products.