Jinan Pengbo Biotechnology Co., Ltd. is the reliable betaine anhydrous supplier manufacturer and exporter in China. We may offer you the betaine anhydrous Food Grade (assay:≥ 98% ) Pharma Grade (assay:≥ 99%) and Cosmetic Grade (assay: 99%, conductivity<10) for nutrition food,medicine and cosmetic.
- Product Name: Betaine Anhydrous
- Chemical Name: Trimethylglycine
- CAS Numeber: 107-43-7
- Molecular Formula: C5H11NO2
- Molecular Weight:117.14
- Functiion: Source of betaine
- Storage Conditions: Store in the original sealed container in a cool and dry placeout of direct sunlight. Store below 40°C.
- Packaging: 25 kg fiber drums with two polythylene inner bag or as per your request.
- Appearance: White to off-white crystals
- Odor: odorless or faint characteristic odor
- Melting Point: 293℃
- Bulk Density: 0.7-0.75g/mL
- Assay: min 98 – 99.9% d.s.
- pH(10% solution in 0.2M KCL): 5.0-7.0
- Loss on drying: max 2%
- Residue on ignition: max 0.1%
*Only selected data is represented here, for a full set of specifications we refer to our Specifications sheet.
- Betaine solubility at 25°C in:
- Methanol 55g/100g
- Ethanol 8.7g/100g
Betaine is an important human nutrient, distributed widely in animals, plants, and microorganisms. It is rapidly absorbed and utilized as an osmolyte and source of methyl groups and thereby helps to maintain liver, heart, and kidney health. The growing body of evidence shows that betaine is an important nutrient for the prevention of chronic disease.
Betaine is used in many applications like: beverages, chocolate spreads, cereals, nutritional bars,sports bars, snack products and vitamin tablets, capsule filling, etc.
Safety and Regulatory
- Betaine is lactose free and gluten free; it does not contain any animal derived ingredients.
- The product conforms to the current editions of Food Chemical Codex.
- It is lactose free and gluten free, Non-GMO, Non-ETO; BSE/TSE free.
- USA:DSHEA for nutritional supplements
- FEMA GRAS as a flavor enhancer in all foods (up to 0.5%) and labeled as betaine or natural flavor
- GRAS substance under 21 CFR 170.30 for use as a humectant and flavor enhancer/modifier in selected foods and is labeled as betaine
- Japan: Approved as a food additive
- Korea: Approved as a natural food.