Jinan Pengbo Biotechnology Co., Ltd. is the reliable betaine citrate supplier manufacturer and exporter in China. We may offer you the betaine citrate Pharma Grade (assay:≥ 99% ) for nutrition food and medicine.
- Product Name: Betaine Citrate
- Chemical Name: Betaine dihydrogencitrate
- CAS Numeber: 17671-50-0
- Molecular Formula: C11H19NO9
- Molecular Weight: 309.27
- Functiion: Source of betaine
- Storage Conditions: Store in the original sealed container in a cool and dry placeout of direct sunlight. Store below 40°C.
- Packaging: 25 kg fiber drums with two polythylene inner bag or as per your request.
- Appearance：White to off-white crystals
- Odor: odorless or faint characteristic odor
- Melting Point:134-140℃
- Bulk Density: 0.55-0.75g/mL
- Assay: min 99% d.s.
- pH(10% solution): 2.0-3.0
- Loss on dry: max 0.5%
- Residue on ignition: max 0.1%
*Only selected data is represented here, for a full set of specifications we refer to our Specifications sheet.
Betaine is an important human nutrient, distributed widely in animals, plants, and microorganisms. It is rapidly absorbed and utilized as an osmolyte and source of methyl groups and thereby helps to maintain liver, heart, and kidney health. The growing body of evidence shows that betaine is an important nutrient for the prevention of chronic disease.
Betaine citrate is a citrate salt and is a new product of chemical technology. It is used specifically to provide Betaine to improve liver function and as a Hepatoprotectant. Some studies show that Betaine citrate may be effective for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. It is also used as a food redispersing agent, preservatives and antioxidants. Betaine citrate, can be fully assimilated by the body and has no or little side effects, although further research is needed to prove its safety.
Safety and Regulatory
- The product conforms to the current editions of Food Chemical Codex.
- It is lactose free and gluten free, Non-GMO, Non-ETO; BSE/TSE free.
- Japan: Approved as a food additive
- Korea: Approved as a natural food.